Make playdough at home!
University City Children's Center's 3rd Annual Playdough Factory (Sept. 19) was a playful and powerful learning event for children, teachers and our guests. Here are some reminders and recipes so you can create your own playdough experiences at home.
Playdough enables a child to:
- Sooth themselves when they are feeling distress, upset and angry
- Enhance creativity and imagination while developing confidence in their competencies
- Develop new and enriched language skill, helping understand the complexities of social settings – listening , understanding , speaking and developing communication skills
- Learn new vocabulary
- Grow in their approach to learning, such as developing reasoning and problem solving
- Learn math concepts of number and operation…math is more than just counting.
4 cups boiling water water
2 cups cocoa
2 cups salt
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
1. Stir, and then knead until smooth.
2. Store playdough in an airtight container or a Ziploc freezer bag.