Why Choose UCCC?
1. Our student and family make-up is diverse.
Our year-round, full-day program is inclusive of children of diverse racial, ethnic, socio-economic, and developmental backgrounds, and serves families from many different neighborhoods in St. Louis.
- Children are between 6 weeks and 6 years old
- Family incomes range from $5,000 to $250,000+
- Typically 45% of families receive tuition assistance
- Typically our population of children consists of:
- 45%-50% Caucasian, 25%-35% African American,
- 25%-30% Other: Other minority groups, children of mixed race, English language learning families.
- Families live in over 30 zip codes in the metro area
- Inclusive of children with special needs
2. Our building is one large interactive classroom.
Our 10,000 square foot building has 10 classrooms (infant to pre-k), an Infant/Toddler Playground, Infant/Toddler Herb Garden, Adventure Playground, Vegetable/Fruit/Herb Garden, Greenhouse, Trike Track, Tea House, Library for families, Reading Garden, and in-house kitchen and chef. From the moment you walk into the building there a beautiful wind chimes, pianos, and interactive artwork that are designed to be transitional objects for children.
3. Our nutrition program is unmatched.
UCCC’s Nutrition Program provides our children with a healthy breakfast, lunch, and mid-afternoon snack. We have developed a menu of fresh and fresh frozen food items. None of our meals use processed or packaged food.
Our meals support brain growth, energy, and exposure to a wide variety of flavors. In addition, we utilize vegetables and herbs from the UCCC garden when available. UCCC meets the Missouri Eat Smart guidelines which include more healthy grains, fruits, and vegetables and fewer processed foods for our children and follows the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) guidelines in the preparation of meals. Menus are posted outside the classrooms and on our website bi-weekly.