Youth Opportunity Program (YOPs) tax credits are beneficial to you and UCCC.
What are YOPs?
Tax credits are allocated to organizations administering positive youth development programs. Approved organizations receive contributions from donors, and the donors receive a Missouri tax credit equal to 50% of the amount of the contribution.
You can save even more by contributing publicly traded stock that has appreciated in value and which you have held for more than one year. This type of contribution will be valued at current market value and you avoid the capital gains tax.
Who is eligible?
Individuals, corporations, partnerships, or LLCs that pay Missouri income tax and file a Schedule A for itemized deductions. To be eligible, donations to UCCC must be $1,000 or greater.
When can I use YOPs?
Tax credit (forms and documents) must be received by UCCC within one year of the date of the gift. Once approved, tax credits can be carried forward for up to five years. UCCC is required to distribute this batch of tax credits by the end of 2018 and will issue them, as always, on a first come, first served basis.
How do I access YOPs?
1. Make your gift to UCCC by check, credit card, electronic transfer, or stock transfer.
2. UCCC sends you the one-page tax credit form.
3. Sign the form in the presence of a notary public and return it to UCCC with proof of donation.
4. UCCC sends the form and proof of donation to the Missouri Department of Economic Development (MO DED).
5. The MO DED sends you the Certificate of Eligibility for your state tax return.
Contact: Josie McDonald, Development Director
314.726.0148 ext.140 or email@example.com
for further information.