Youth Opportunity Program (YOPs) tax credits are beneficial to you and UCCC.
What are YOPs?
Youth Opportunity Program (YOP) tax credits are awarded by the Missouri Department of Economic Development to organizations administering positive youth development programs. UCCC has been awarded YOPs and, for a donation to UCCC of at least $1,000, eligible donors may receive a Missouri tax credit equal to 50% of the amount of the contribution. YOPs are issued on a first come, first served basis.
You can save even more by contributing publicly traded stock that has appreciated in value and which you have held for more than one year. This type of contribution will be valued at current market value and you avoid the capital gains tax.
Who is eligible?
Donors that designate an eligible gift to UCCC and are: individuals, corporations, partnerships, S-corporations, or limited liability corporations.
When can I use YOPs?
Tax credit applications and documentation must be received by UCCC within one year of the date of the gift. Once approved, tax credits can be carried forward for up to five years. UCCC issues tax credits on a first come, first served basis.
How do I access YOPs?
1. Make your gift to UCCC by check, credit card, electronic transfer, or stock transfer.
2. UCCC sends you the one-page tax application.
3. Sign the application in the presence of a notary public and return it to UCCC with proof of donation.
4. UCCC sends the application and proof of donation to the Missouri Department of Economic Development (MO DED).
5. The MO DED sends you the Certificate of Eligibility for your state tax return.
Contact: Josie McDonald, Development Director
314.726.0148 ext.140 or email@example.com for further information.