Exceptional Children [A Family Matters Conversation]
Wednesday, July 10
5:00pm - 6:00pm
UCCC Conference Room
for a Family Matters Conversation about Exceptional Children.
Learning how to support your child's learning, social, and emotional needs.
Questions we will discuss include:
- What are exceptional learning styles vs. learning disabilities?
- What is “gifted” education?
- Where do I go if I have concerns?
- about resources accessible to you about your child’s academic or social development
- about a child’s early academic development
- how to be your child’s best advocate and to enlist other advocates.
What is Family Matters?
Family Matters is a series of conversations which connect, support, and empower families. It is a series of guided conversations about the day-to-day life of raising infants, toddlers, and small children. Family Matters is a way for parents to share ideas, listen to each other, and build support from each other and from the community at large.
Family Matters is a tool to build bonds with other families and stronger relationships within families.
Look for conversations to be held the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month at UCCC.